- Profiling Information: For providing Services we require certain information for registration such as such as your name, email address, and telephone; and certain information about your personal identity such as gender, date of birth, marital status, etc. Further, we also collect and store your usernames, passwords, email addresses and other security-related information that you use for our Sites in relation to our Services.
- Service Usage and Transactional Information: For enabling you to make payments using our Services, we may, upon your consent, store your financial information such as your bank account, details mentioned on your credit cards, debit cards, other payment instrument details, information relating to your income and lifestyle levels, etc. that are required for a successful transaction. Further, for certain Services, including our bill payment service, we require your account number, payment history, your account history with us etc. We also store transaction details such as amount spent, merchant name, transaction ID, date and time of transaction, of your e-commerce transactions.
- Navigational and Log Information: We collect information about your navigation using our Services, for example the URLs of websites from which you reach our Site, and from which you request downloads, pages visited/ downloaded on our Site, websites or pages of merchants you visit using our Services. We may also collect information such as your domain name, web request, IP address, mobile application version, type of operating system that your computer uses, browser type, browser language, location, date and time of request, the products you buy, the referring site, and the time that you spend on the site.
- Correspondence Information: We collect the content, information about your correspondence, the destination/origin of communications between you and any other person using our Services, which include email communications, blog, chat room and discussion board communications, instant message communications, experts forum communications, facsimile mail communications, membership of mailing lists etc.
- Cookies: A cookie is an insignificant portion of data that is sent to the web browser of your device from which Site is accessed. If your web browser settings permit, cookies can be sent to your web browser for recording information about your online preferences and allowing us to cater to your interests in a better manner. You can set your browser to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. If you do accept a cookie, you thereby agree to our use of information collected by us using that cookie.
- Stored Information: We may collect any data or information either created by you or by a third party and which you wish to store on our servers such as usernames, image files, documents, etc. or which may be required to display information to you through our Service.
Purpose & Use of Information
- We require the profiling information, which includes details such as identity details, contact details, usernames and passwords in order to manage our relationship with you and provide Services to you.
- We collect and store your service usage and transactional information in order to enable you to view certain details of all your transactions which have been made using our Services, to provide you uninterrupted and satisfactory Services, to administer our relationship with you, to comply with any statutory or regulatory requirement, to monitor your use of our Services for the purposes of ensuring compliance with our user rules.
- To improve our Services, we need to constantly update and alter our business and marketing strategies for which we require the navigational and log information to determine and analyze the merchants, markets, technology, operating systems, browsers, devices, locations from which our Services are used most or used least. For example, such information and its analysis will help us focus more on your needs by providing you a wider range of Services, or developing updates for particular operating systems and mobile application versions, etc. Further, the information collected helps us offer you other products, programs, or services that we believe may be of interest to you. In addition, such information collected will help us alert you in case of software compatibility issues.
- We want to serve you better and therefore we require your correspondence information in order to enable us to learn about the information and content of communications by you such that we can deduce your feedback from such communications, analyze, endeavour to improve, ask you for further feedbacks, reply.
- The data collected by cookies helps us track, analyze and understand User trends so as to enable us to understand lacunas (such as slow response time on our website page) and improve your interactive experience of using our Services, our web design, features and functionalities.
- We access data or information stored by third party in case required for providing you uninterrupted and satisfactory Services or in case consented by you.
We collect and use some of your information in an aggregated form to compile statistical and demographical profiles for our business and marketing activities and to customize our Services to you. It is clarified that the consolidated Personal Information of all Users which has been collected by us, is the property of 9Pay and we may use it, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion and without any compensation to you, for any legitimate purpose and you hereby confirm that you have no objection to the aforesaid use of your Personal Information.
Disclosure of Information
- Information security is critical to us and we will not share your Personal Information with any other third parties except, and only to the extent necessary, with parties such as our merchants, acquiring banks, credit card processors, etc. for us to deliver payment processing services to you.
- We do not disclose or distribute any of your Personal Information to a third party or use such Personal Information for commercial or marketing purposes unless we receive the express consent of the User. However, 9Pay may, itself or through third parties, send you e-mails, SMS, such other means to communicate, send reminders for payment, advertise its services, promote new products and activities or for your invaluable feedback.
- You acknowledge and agree that in the interests of improving personalization and Service efficiency, we may, under controlled and secure circumstances, share your Personal Information with our affiliates or associates. If required, 9Pay will:
- disclose it in a non-aggregated form which is not capable of being used or interpreted in such a manner as to identify you; or
- share it to deliver the Services desired by you; to maintain, further develop and enhance Services; to ensure the functionality and security of our Services; and to prevent and investigate any fraud and other misuse.
- If, by usage of some functionalities of our Service, you receive Personal Information about other user(s), you agree to keep the same confidential and only use it in connection with the Services, without disclosing the same to another user or third party.
- In order to ensure that all our users comply with the user rules, we may monitor your Personal Information to the extent that this may be required to determine compliance and/or to identify instances of non-compliance.
- We may disclose the Personal Information pursuant to applicable laws, a directive or order of a government entity or statutory authority or any judicial or regulatory authority or to law enforcement agencies in any official investigation including but not limited to cyber incidents, prosecution and punishment of offences. You agree that 9Pay has the right to monitor and to disclose Personal Information as may be necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or other governmental request. We may transfer Your Personal Information or other information collected, stored, processed by 9Pay to any other entity or organization located in India or outside India only in case it is necessary for providing Services to You in connection with Application. We will cooperate with the appropriate law enforcement authorities in investigating claims of illegal activity.
- If you decline to submit Personal Information to us, then we will unfortunately not be in a position to provide the Services to you.
- 9Pay does not control the acts of its Users. All Users must take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized disclosure of account information and personal details. All Users should be aware that, when they disclose Personal Information such as their name, e-mail address, etc. to third parties, the Personal Information might be collected and used by others to send unsolicited e-mail from other parties, who may or may not be Users. In the event that you encounter any person is improperly collecting or using information about Users, please contact us by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org
Third Party Sites
- In relation to any payment made through the Site and/or the services offered by 9Pay, the online payment gateway operated by third party is being used. It may be noted that the information that you provide at the time of making any payment through the Site and/or services offered by 9Pay is held and stored with third party payment gateway operator authorized at multiple points. The payment gateway operator may also have access to your online payment history/details in relation to the payment made through the Site and/or the services offered by 9Pay. These payment gateways are digitally encrypted, thereby providing the highest possible degree of privacy and care available, currently.
- We are not in a position to control or guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of the information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, videos, messages or other relevant materials available on the Linked Sites.
- To clarify, please be aware that the information you provide on the Linked Sites shall be governed by policies of the Linked Sites, which you view.
Security of Personal Information
- We work to protect the security of your Personal information during transmission by using appropriate software, which encrypts information you input. This encrypted information is stored on secure systems/computers. Further, we ensure that the number of employees involved in the management of the data centre who have physical access to these computers is limited. Also, we use advanced security technology to prevent our computers from being accessed by unauthorized persons.
- We have also implemented information security practices and standards and have in place comprehensively documented information security programmes and policies containing managerial, technical, operational and physical security measures that are in compliance with the Indian laws including, so as to protect the Personal Information provided to us from unauthorized access, use, modification, damage, disclosure or impairment. In fact we have procured ISO 27001 certification.
- No data transmission over the internet is fully secure, so 9Pay cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you submit to us. Further, 9Pay does not guarantee in any way, the security of any Personal Information that you transmit or share on the Site; and you do so at your own risk.
- If any security breach comes to the knowledge of 9Pay, then 9Pay may take all steps required to protect misuse of such Personal Information and may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps.
Changes to the Information
- If you are a User, and would like to view the information we have collected from you or you want to correct your information or details, please send us your request by email on the ‘contact us’ page on.
- The User can at any time while availing the services or otherwise, withdraw his/her consent given previously to 9Pay for collecting, receiving, possessing, storing, dealing or handling Personal Information of the User, by sending us your request by email to: email@example.com. In such case, 9Pay will unfortunately not be in a position to provide the Services to you. However, 9Pay will be able to retain such Personal Information for the time period in accordance with the applicable laws.
In case you have any grievance relating to the collecting, receiving, possessing, storing, dealing or handling of Personal Information provided by you, you may contact our Grievance Officer at the following address:
The Grievance Officer, 9Pay
Novacrest Solutions Limited,
17, Kayode Animashaun Street, Road 15,
Off Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase 1
Phone: +234 01 295 6126